[mythtv] backend takes 100% CPU recording DVB-T

M martin at luminoussheep.net
Fri Apr 7 19:10:15 UTC 2006

Chris Hubball wrote:

>>I built the 0.19-Fixes using the package structure from Christian
>>Marillat's packages and similar behaviour. Though now recordings seem to
>>oscilate between 60+% to 3%... It quickly ramps up then slowly goes down
>>and can last  minutes/10s of minutes until it starts to go up again...
>>
>>I guess the next test is to build it without Christians work to see if
>>it's something he introduced... Also find out what other people are
>>running in terms of CPU and load. It might be no one else has noticed as
>>their not using anthing as low powered as us...
>>

>Thanks for the update.
>
>If it's got better with .19 fixes, then if we can work out who made the
>changes, we can tell them your findings and perhaps they can fix it
>completely.

I had a hunch that eit might still be causing it and I've built the debs
with out eit (--disable-dvb-eit simply missing it off the options seems
to build it) and it looks like thats fixed it.
I noticed that the program guide seemed to be filling up even though I'd
unticked the boxes and not run the mythfilldatabase.
Looks like there is work going in 0.20 for eit?