[mythtv] 0.19, DVB-T and 100% CPU usage

Chris Hubball chris at hubball.org
Wed Apr 5 16:25:06 UTC 2006

Hello,

I did a quick search on this list and couldn't see anything obvious, so I
thought I'd post.

It seems to be a common issue on mythtv-users that with a Nova-T DVB-T
card and 0.19, the backend takes 100% CPU when recording.

This make watching Live TV very jerky because the frontend and backend
seem to be fighting for CPU time - it's about 50% each.

We have discussed the various transcode, commercial scanning features and
EIT, but all are disable.

In all cases, the same hardware set up working well with 0.18.  I am
using the Debian unstable packages, however I believe others are be
building from source.

Has this issue already been reported and if so is there a patch for it?
I'm willing to put some time into this if anyone can offer suggestions on
how to debug the issue.

Regards,
Chris.