[mythtv] Loading EPG from Live TV Fails, Hangs Frontend

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Sun Apr 2 01:05:38 UTC 2006

I'm running SVN 9441 and when I try to load the EPG from live tv it
sometimes will simply hang mythfrontend and I have to kill the
frontend and restart it as it becomes non-responsive, although the
live tv video will continue to play.  When I click 'Program Guide' you
can see it tries to start loading the EPG then it just stops and live
tv continues to play just fine, expect mythfrontend will not respond
to anything and I have to kill the process and restart the frontend.
When this happens I get the following error output from the frontend:

QGLContext::makeCurrent(): Failed.
QGLContext::makeCurrent(): Failed.
X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
   Major opcode:  145
   Minor opcode:  5
   Resource id:  0x800007
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
   Major opcode:  138
   Minor opcode:  6
   Resource id:  0x800007

This does not happen everytime I try to load the EPG, but usually
happens the second or third time I load the EPG during a mythfrontend
session and I've only ever seen it happen under this specific
circumstance, namely when trying to load the EPG while watching live tv.

Help appreciated,

Derek