[mythtv] Problems with v4l LiveTV in current svn

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Sep 29 13:33:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 16:14 +1000, David Maher wrote:
> I am seeing similar results with SVN 7347 I get the "should have
> gotten a lock" message every time I change channel, on both my
> analogue saa7134 card and on my two dvb vp3020 cards. After I press
> Ok, the message goes and everything continues to work. The OSD
> reports: signal 87% LAM (lock)
This is fixed for the analog cards in SVN. For the DVB card you
need to up the channel timeout to something more reasonable.

Please send me a note with the hardware + a reasonable default for it.

When you first configure a DVB card it should be picking a reasonable
number depending on the hardware. But in the DB update that added the
columns there is no way to determine the exact DVB subtype you have
so it defaults to something like 3 seconds. This is too low for things
like DVB-S, or special hardware like external DVB over USB devices.

-- Daniel