[mythtv] Re: Myth & The Media MVP

Alex Barger cruzinthegalaxie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 03:52:43 UTC 2005

Thanks Greg.

I did a xhost on the dest. host before I logged into the mythserver. I
had to go into my XDM configuration and allow remote connections in
there, rebooted and then it let me connect. I then made a new config
directory and changed the "LocalHostName" parameter to be a new name.
When I got into play a recording I just get a blue screen but am able to
use all the keyboard commands. Tried changing my settings, including the
VideoDefaultPlayer to
mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -display 192.168.0.11:0.0 %s

Any tips in that category?
Thanks