[mythtv] Best editor IDE for Develop mythtv

Adam Egger adam.egger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 15:09:42 UTC 2005

On 9/23/05, Keith C <mythtv at keithandjill.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> What's your favorite editor for develop a mythtv ?
>
> And so begins the Vi/Vim v Emacs battle of Sep 23rd 2005.
> BBEdit!
>
> Sorry, I should just ignore this thread.
>
> Seriously, the real developers (I'm not one) prefer plain text editors, not
> IDE's.  Which plain text editor you use is mostly personal preference.

Kate is a really good plain text editor.
We're using the Eclipse IDE to develop almost everything in the
software company I'm working for. Now even all our products will be
ported to use the Eclipse GUI. Does anyone use Eclipse with the myth
code? But please don't tell me how evil or n00bish it is to use an IDE
;-)

Adam