*****SPAM***** [mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7280 - in trunk/mythtv by ijr

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Sep 21 23:49:15 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 06:28 pm, Paul wrote:
> with unstable clocks.
>

> I see this patch also disables the showing of recording status on the LCD
> due to a threading issue I see from your comment in lcddevice.cpp.

Heh, I was going to send an email about disabling that later tonight, but you
beat me to it. =)

> Do you want me to try and fix this. Would you like a patch for the current
> code in svn or my mythlcdserver patch?

Off of your mythlcdserver patch - that'll get applied whenever I do my next
round of patches.

I noticed the potential threading breakage because of the dependency on
libmythtv/tv.h in there - libmythtv can use stuff in libmyth, but not the
other way around.

> My initial thought on fixing this was to add a one shot timer to make the
> call outside of the customevent something like:
> QTimer::singleShot(500, this, updateRecordingList());
>
> Any thoughts on this.

That would be perfectly acceptable.

Isaac