[mythtv] ivtv (pvr350) snow on upgrade to recent svn

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Sep 20 17:20:48 UTC 2005

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

>>> I believe it is callsign.

True in that the scheduler will consider two channels with the
same callsign to be the same station and it could record a Single,
Timeslot, Weekslot or Channel rule from either channel.

>> Are you sure about that?
>> Because if i change the channel number mythweb treats the channels as two
>> different.

This is a slightly different issue. For display in the EPG and
I believe mythweb, if two chanids have the same number and callsign,
it only displays one rather than two copies right next to each other.
If the same callsign is on two different numbers it will show both and
if two different sources have different stations on the same channel
number it will show both.

> You can't make assumptions based on MythWeb's behavior.  There are
> sometimes subtle differences.

Agreed. Using mythweb is fine but when talking about backend or
scheduler behavior, it just adds another layer of ambiguity.

> ...writeups about just what is and what is and isn't considered the
> same channel for Myth's purposes.

It's probably time for a tech note in the HOWTO for all the issues
surrounding multiple sources and how to deal with the same stations
on more than one source.

--  bjm