[mythtv] dvb data timeout problem

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Sep 18 18:44:04 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 11:39 -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 13:42 +0100, John Pullan wrote:
> > On 18/09/05, Mark <irish at irishmark.co.uk> wrote:
> > > With current cvs, my picture will often not tune until the 15 second
> > > "Could not read data" timeout is crossed.
> > > Happens on two backends, one dvb-t and one dvb-c
> > > Autopid runs OK, but then nothing happens until the timeout, then
> > > autopid runs again and the picture appears.
> > > It's odd, cos it gets the same pids each time.
> > > I notice I don't get this line on the failed tune:
> > > Data read from DMX - This is for debugging with transform.c
> > >
> > This sounds similar to ticket #351 I entered this morning
>

> Can you try reverting to 7257?
>
> I think 7266 may have been a red herring, I think this might
> be due to unbalanced RingBuffer Pause/Unpause statements.

I've tried reverting out 7258 and 7257 and it seems to break things
for me. I even tried reverting out 7256 also to no effect. Also while
you report that reverting to 7257 helps, Daniel Danner reports that
both 7257 and 7247 are broken for him.

I'm working on #339, simplifying the tuning process. Since there
doesn't seem to be any clear cause to these latest tuning problems,
I'm going to need to ignore them to concentrate on this task. It
will hopefully make fixing future tuning problems a bit simpler.

-- Daniel