[mythtv] Re: TVRec: Timed out waiting for lock -- aborting recording

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 02:49:59 UTC 2005

On 9/11/05, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 20:33 -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> > On 9/7/05, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Daniel, is it possible that I have always had slow locks on my NBC
> > station, but older versions of Myth just did not care?
> Yes and no, older versions would have blocked until it got
> a lock, so you would have noticed the delay in LiveTV.
>
> This was part of the problem with the old way of doing things.
> If it never got a lock it would stay in the loop forever.
>
> -- Daniel

Well, unforunately my "hack" is not reliable.  My myth system failed
to record Prison Break tonight because it gave up waiting for a lock.
What is interesting, is that this is FOX, not NBC.  I guess that means
that while NBC is the worst offender, it can happen on any channel.

I was running the 9/08 svn of Myth.  I am going to upgrade to the
latest svn and take a look at it.  I know that Kenneth thinks the
problem should be solved in the driver, but I don't see how.

John