[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Sep 11 16:11:19 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 02:36 +0100, Mark Weaver wrote:
> - Tuning to an off air channel (UK, transmitting data only) causes the
> frontend to lock up
Backend log with '-v record,siparser,channel' might help, this should
have been fixed 2-3 weeks ago when we turned on table monitoring for
DVB.

> - Seeking in liveTV is broken
I'm not seeing this.
Perhaps a frontend log with "-v playback" might help.

> - And a new one, I now get random audio + video glitches when tuning to
> a new channel.
This is not related to DVB tuning.

> Some not terribly serious testing didn't show the using the old PAT
> problem, did anything change that might fix this?
Many things :) This is what the whole DVB Events fiasco was about,
we ended up with a solution that will always work for linux 2.6.12
or later, and usually work for older kernels.

-- Daniel