[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Adam Egger adam.egger at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 14:22:10 UTC 2005

> >   Mysterious rec vs livetv problem (Adam Egger)
> >     Need "mythbackend -v record,channel,siparser" output from
> >     both on same channel with latest SVN.
>
> Sorry, still no livetv for me with 7221 so here are my logs (full logs
> attached).
> It starts to get different at:

Wow! Everything works now! I just had to change the starting channel
to something else. Then LiveTV was working again. EIT and the full
scan work too for my DVB-t card (it even doesn't create new channels
if the channel number was changed for the existing channels).
So everything's fine for me, you can remove all the Mysterious Adam
Egger problems ;)
A few questions: Why do you display the Signal Power on the OSD? It's
always at 100% for me even if my antenna is turned off, wouldn't it be
better to display the Signal/Noise? This value varies for me from 50
to 80%.
And is it possible to display the Signal OSD after it disappeared?

Thank you Daniel for all the work on mythtv,

Adam