[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Sat Sep 10 02:37:51 UTC 2005

Lørdag 10 september 2005 04:32, skrev Daniel Kristjansson:
> I've talked to John Pullan about adding something like this to
> the setup program as an "optimize frequency of each transport"
> process. Though we would probably use a binary search in the
> range on each side of the center frequency and then scan that
> range at regular intervals, with time to tune as used to shape
> the response curve estimate. With a lookup table to avoid
> redundant tunes of course.

That's a good idea.

IMHO, first of all we should store the frequency of the last succesfull tuning
event, so that this could be used in any later tunings. We must however
support checking that the transponder/multiplex is the one we want before
storing the last good frequency!

If something goes wrong with tuning the stored frequency, the original could
still be tried after some grace period.

Kenneth