[mythtv] Current DVB problems rundown

Jim jdaley at penyball.cix.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 18:52:00 UTC 2005

> I'm still not able to use LiveTV in myth (DVB-t, r7217, debian64). Am
> I the only one with the black screen and NoLock in LiveTV and with
> perfectly working recording feature? Is it fixed for all of you who
> reported a non-working LiveTV a few days ago?

yes at least at 7212 - from a clean build/rescan etc
everything else appears to be ok now - full scan/partial scan, no lockup
on off-air channel, failover to analog/remote dvb tuner etc - given the
rate of fixes daniel is churning out he's obviously been neglecting the
day job :)  (many thanks by the way!)

I stepped through a bunch of revisions to determine that this was
introduced for me in 7030 and could be 'fixed' by reverting
StartChannel(livetv) to StartChannel(false) in tv_rec.cpp - this was still
true in something like 7190ish but not in 7212 - I'd planned to thrash
around a bit more with the latest svn at the weekend to try and understand
what was happening - it has to be a timing problem between threads but its
not obvious what is happening to stop the lock being detected/sent

As few other people are reporting issues it must be something to do with
my/our specific hardware/environment/config -
(via 10k, XvMC, no EIT, 2.6.12-rc4, avermedia 771)

cheers