[mythtv] Scheduler bug with FindOne weekly

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sun Sep 4 17:04:07 UTC 2005

HI!

Bruce Markey wrote:

>>> On the recording options page under "Scheduling Options", what
>>> did you choose for the duplicate matching method?
>>
>> Apparently "Don't match duplicates", but I do not remember, why.
>
> That's what I was trying to establish. I hadn't considered or tested
> that case when gigem and I were working on this. To me, it would
> be self-evident that you wouldn't want to say to record all showings
> if you only wanted one. Appearently, this isn't intuitve and I can
> see where one might think that something special should be done with
> the duplicate selection.

OK.

>> The show is not running at the moment, so I now looked for another one
>> to test.
>>
>> This show is a news show and it airs daily at the same time. Subtitle
>> is NULL (always with my grabber) and the description is always the same.
>>
>> If I set "Match duplicates using description", apparently it records
>> ONE recording only (not one per week). And since I recorded this show
>> previously, it does not schedule any of it. Is that right?
>
> If you change back to "Descriptions and Subtitles" or even "Subtitles
> only" it should work. "Match duplicates using description" would
> make them all appear to be the same episode and it would only record
> one time ever. "Don't match duplicates" would say to consider each
> showing as unique so record all of them.

Apparently not. See below. It "almost" works right with "Don't match
duplicates". It looks to me, as if this case works right, if you haven't
deleted the last recording of that show, yet.

>> If I set "Don't match duplicates", then it works OK. It records the
>> first one each week.
>> But, there is something interesting: It wants to record tomorrow
>> (friday) and from next week on each monday. But I have recorded that
>> particular news show today (thursday), with "Record in this timeslot
>> every day". Shouldn't it know that and not record tomorrow?
>
> See: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/236

Hm, I can't see any relation to my problem description, but if you say
so and it's fixed... ;-)

My bigger problem with the scheduler at the moment is with the duplicate
matching of movies, as written in my other mail "Duplicate checking for
movies does not work anymore".

Thomas