[mythtv] How to watch old recordings after upgrading to svn?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Oct 29 03:02:12 EDT 2005

On 28-Oct-05, at 6:16 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>> I know recordings for dvb are now stored with the mpg extension and
>> in a
>> different name format, so do I need to run some form of update script
>> to fix
>> up my 0.18 recording names and their db entries?
>>
> That's done automatically by Myth when you start the newer version.

That doesn't seem to happen in all cases. I had a similar problem when
I upgraded to r7600 in that recorded.basename was empty for all of my
recent recordings. Older recordings were fine. I thought it must have
been something in my setup as I've done a couple of svn upgrades in a
row and maybe I caught parts of different changes but not all of any.

Anyway, to the original poster, if you're handy with sql you can fix
this programmatically using something like:

	update recorded
	set basename = chanid _ starttime _ endtime .nuv
	where basename = '';

I don't have the syntax for the time formatting function handy right
now. Also, as I recall basename was empty but not null for the problem
recordings.

- George