[mythtv] DVB-EIT scanner causes missed recordings?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 16:30:26 UTC 2005

On Friday 28 Oct 2005 17:11, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> Unless there was more to this log that is missing, it looks like MythTV
> never got a signal lock while waiting for this recording to start. In
> 0.18 this was known as the empty recording problem. That is it would
> create the file, but never fill it with data. Now it doesn't create
> the file unless it gets some data. This allows MythTV to record a later
> showing of the program if there is one.

In which SVN commit was this fixed, roughly? For reasons explained in my other
email I failed to get a lock two, possibly three, weeks ago. A zero length
file was created AND it didn't reschedule. I tend to stay on top of SVN,
recently updating every 3-4 days.

> It would be nice to indicate in the UI somehow that we are not getting
> data for the recording.

Eerie, again see my other email. I'd like to see a proactive notification -
i.e. I want to learn that something has gone wrong sooner and not when I go
to watch a recording five days from now.
--
Stuart Morgan