[mythtv] DVB-EIT scanner causes missed recordings?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 16:22:17 UTC 2005

I can't help with the exact cause of the EIT related problems. My own
experience highlights an issue with how failed recordings are handled and I
believe that is part of the overall trouble.

In my case I'd knocked out the aerial connection by accident. It seems that
Myth will remain in a recording state even if it has failed to achieve a
channel lock (or similar). A zero length or no file will be created and it
won't re-schedule the recording.

As a further enhancement perhaps an alert system should be implemented. For
example if a big red icon/button had appeared on the frontend menu which took
me to an 'Alert/Warning' page advising me that "Program A failed to record
because a channel lock couldn't be obtained" I wouldn't have left the aerial
unplugged for a further 2 days!
--
Stuart Morgan