[mythtv] Showing Recording Changes

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Fri Oct 28 13:47:59 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 08:24:01AM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Hal Burch wrote:
> >It would be nice to see how the recording schedule changes when I
> >add/edit/delete a recording schedule.  For example, scheduling RainMan
> >to record might yield:
> >
> >Sat 10/29 3... 42 TNT   Rain Man                 -  1
> >Sat 10/29 4... 6 WJAC   Stargate SG-1 - "Avatar" 1  L
> >Mon 10/31 ...  9 WNPA   Stargate SG-1 - "Avatar" E  1
> >
> >showing that Rain Man will now be recorded (not even considered
> >before) and that an episode of Stargate SG-1 will be recorded later
> >than before.

> How does this differ from the "Upcoming Recordings" screen on the frontend?

I believe what Hal is looking for is either a change to the "Upcoming
Recordings" screen so that it displays both the current scheduling
state and the state prior to the last change to a recording schedule
or else a new display in the scheduling interface which shows, if the
currently-entered scheduling change is saved, how other schedules
would change.  The former doesn't seem as useful (it wouldn't do any
good unless you scrolled through "Upcoming Recordings" looking for
entries where the current and last states don't match after making
each change), while I would expect the latter to slow down the
scheduling interface (it would have to do a speculative scheduling
run every time you changed the recording type or priority in the
interface instead of just doing the real scheduling change once when
the changes are saved).

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that