[mythtv] Tuner in use lockup

David Griffith dgriffith at internode.on.net
Fri Oct 21 05:00:43 UTC 2005

Hi all,
I've a bttv analog card and a DVB-T card in my setup. I've noticed a
couple of times now that when one of my tuners is in use, switching to
it (while I'm watching live tv) causes the frontend to time out. I'm
sure this used to come up with a message along the lines of "that tuner
is in use" - didn't it? Hmmm - maybe that was when I used to just have
the one tuner.

Things seem to get out of sync at the frontend  - I get a lot of remote
encoder timeouts, bad socket errors and a blank uninterruptible screen
on the frontend when this occurs now.There's nothing in the backend log
to suggest that anything's gone wrong.

Ideas?
Dave