[mythtv] NTP config

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Thu Oct 20 15:26:33 UTC 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
>
>> In the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany - those i am certain of
>> - programs can start more than 20 minutes later than announced. Not
>> on all channels, some are worse than others, yet most channels are
>> "late" by 23:00 or later. Which is why i am using a hard "end-late"
>> setting on all recordings, and enough tuners so that recordings do
>> not need to be back-to-back on the same tuner.
>

> Wait a minute...  You're using start early/end late the way they were
> designed to be used?  From reading the lists, it seems like you should
> be using global pre-/post-roll, instead, and complaining on the list
> when it doesn't get the end of your show.  ;)
>
> (Note to anyone reading this:  I'm being sarcastic here.  Please, do
> /not/ abuse pre-/post-roll and complain to the lists instead of
> designing/configuring your system appropriately.  If you use the
> system like Rudy does, it works.)
>
> Mike

I would dearly love to have a global start early / end-late setting,
with the scheduler showing the those modified times, yes. Now i have to
set them time and again on all recordings...

Rudy

P.S. on one program, which is currently scheduled after a seemingly very
popular (i don't care about it myself) live program, i have an end-late
of 60 minutes.....