[mythtv] NTP config

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Oct 20 13:48:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 15:31 +0200, Adam Egger wrote:
> On 10/20/05, Ivor Hewitt <ivor at ivor.org> wrote:
> > Actually you might say for mythbackend purposes it might be more
> > accurate, since it's the current time that should match the start times
> > of programs accurately.... even if it is delayed slightly.
Maybe for one channel... The delays are going to vary from channel to
channel. And the delay can add up to several seconds. Nothing to get
upset about, but I'd chose ntpd over dvbdate any day.. (except maybe
for determining the end of a recording, there you want the delays..)

> ...and dvbdate also works if the backend isn't even connected to the internet.
I see that as the major benefit. But a MythTV box without a couple weeks
of listings is pretty dysfunctional. So far, transmitted EIT data only
goes out a few days.

-- Daniel