[mythtv] PiP Aspect Wrong in SVN

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Oct 20 13:32:07 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 19:23 +1000, Greg Boundy wrote:
> When using Picture in Picture the aspect of the PiP window is wrong.
> This has been caused by changeset:7473. (See Myth Ticket 462)
>
> What I see is the PiP window aspect is too high (ie. The windows appears
> stretched horizontally).
>
> My Display device is 4:3 and the DVB frames are 720x576 with 1.77778
> Aspect Ratio.
>
> I'm wondering if other people also seeing this problem ?
Not here.

Does MythTV know the aspect ratio of your screen?
 * If you are using Xinerama, you might need to configure this
 * The PiP doesn't apply an aspect override. So if you need
   that for your regular streams the PiP won't look right.
 * If you use XRandR you need to set the aspect ratio's correctly.
Does MythTV know the aspect ratio of the DVB stream?
 * Some streams do not report the correct aspect ratio.

-- Daniel