[mythtv] Feedback on svn

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Oct 19 13:41:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 15:06 +0200, Adam Egger wrote:
> 1. The time stretch feature doesn't set the value to 1.00 again when I
Don't know anything about this, create a ticket for it...

> 2. Every recording appears twice in my recording list. Has anyone else
> encountered this strange behavior? Is there a way to trace it?
Can you create a ticket for this with the relevant DB entries?

> 3. The S/N value showed by the signal monitor always shows 49% for
> every transport, in Kaffeine I see correct/different values for all
> transports.
Are you sure this is the "S/N" value and not the "Signal" value?
The S/N value should be reported in dB...

Anyway if it is the snr, can you add a VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, snr);
after it is queried in DVBSignalMonitor::UpdateValues() and send me
the output? If it is printing out the "Signal" value, send me the
output of sig instead of snr...

> PS: There are unneeded parts in mythtv-setup if DVB or EIT is used.
> Newbies often ask how to use the recording profiles with DVB (!).
Can you create a ticket for this? it is a problem for V4L HDTV too.

> Also the Video Source screen is useless for DVB.
You still need to set the starting channel on cards with just
one input, and it is my fervent hope that the DVB driver folks
will add support for the multiple inputs on cards like the
pcHDTV HD-2000 someday.

> I also find it quite strange to press ESC to save settings ;-)
What screens is this on?

-- Daniel