[mythtv] Re: Manual Schedule

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Oct 17 04:39:10 UTC 2005

Derek Battams wrote:
> I was wondering if you could explain how one goes about adding a manual
> recording to the schedule.  I've been studying the C++ and MythWeb
> source and experimenting for a few hours and I just can't seem to get it
> to work.  Here's what I've tried so far:
>
> * Insert row into record table; no problems here

Remains to be seen...

> * I then insert a row into program to match the record rule, however it

Ah, no. The scheduler takes care of that.

You need to set the record.search to kManualSearch (5, see recordingtypes.h)
and record.type to 1 for kSingleRecord, have valid start and end times and
dates, a chanid and station, a non-empty title, and the usual defaults
when a new rule is created.

Best thing to do is create a test manual record with mythfrontend
then see if you can duplicate it from mythweb.

mysql> select * from record where search = 5\G

--  bjm