[mythtv] Some ATSC channels displayed "choppy", but only on LiveTV

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Oct 16 18:57:49 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 11:51 -0700, Jack Perveiler wrote:
> Well I've got some good news and some bad news.
>
> The good news is that the patch made my bad channels work correctly.
>
> The bad news is that now my previously working channels don't :)
>
> Similar, but not quite exactly the same, symptoms.  I get the choppiness (on
> the channels that used to work, but now don't), but I also get pixelation.  And
> my audio receiver keeps changing from Dolby Digital mode to Pro Logic.  Leaving
> LiveTV and coming back causes the channel to work again (until I switch again,
> anyways).

Ok, I'm going to hold off trying to fix this a few days. Issac is
working on a LiveTV enhancement which should make LiveTV act more
like regular recordings. Since regular recordings are working for
you, I think Issac's enhancement might just this for you without
needing to hack RingBuffer code.

-- Daniel