[mythtv] Recorder Aviable...

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Oct 13 09:50:28 UTC 2005

Jochen Kühner wrote:

>As I'm currently trying to programm a extension to the backend so that
>internet streams (radio/video) can be recorded I have a question.
>
>The backend currently says if a recoder source is used or not, and the
>recoreder is not asked if it's free.
>
>But this has to be changed completely so that if a prgramm or music has to
>be recorded by a recorder, the recorder has to be asked if it can record
>this program and then record or not.

I think you are saying that the call to get a free recorder could take a
param giving the channel number.  If so then I agree that this could
offer the possibility to use a single recorder for more than one
channel.  Or for example where you have one recorder, but two events
trying to access that single channel (scheduler overrun for example)

If the frontend asked for a new recorder on each channel change for
example then you could effectively have a case where you can still watch
some limited amounts of live tv even when all the recorders are busy -
you would simply be restricted to the tuned channels on the busy recorders

Ed W