[mythtv] DVB EIT Implementation

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Thu Oct 13 08:49:05 UTC 2005

Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 06:28:47AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 10:18 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>>

>>>On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 09:57:52AM +0100, John Pullan wrote:
>>>

>>>Something I noticed while looking at the memory leaks is the
>>>Events map contains events for EVERY channel available, but
>>>GetEmitID only ever picks events from the channels on the
>>>current mplex.
>>>

>>It should only contain the events for that transport,
>>and emit them when they are known to be complete.
>>

>Ahh, this is where various situations are different.
>
>UK DVB-T transmits EIT info for all mplexes on all mplexes.
>Aus DVB-T transmits EIT info for 1 mplex on that mplex.
>  (plus the info isn't very good apparently...)
>DVB-S is sometimes like both of these and sometimes has a single
>channel carrying EIT info.
>
>No idea about ATSC.
>

>The way it works now is based on the assumption you outlined above,
>that this mplex only has data for this mplex.

And this assumption fails in many places. DVB-S (Astra) tries to have 1
mplex with all EIT, does not manage this because of contractual issues
and so ends up with: 1 mplex with a lot ot EIT, and several mplexes
covering multiple other mplexes....

DVB-C has many situations where the assumption of mplex has data for
mplex only fails.

Rudy