[mythtv] Scheduler improment idea's

David Shirley tephra at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 01:51:05 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Now that I have added a 2nd tuner to my machine I have had some
problems with the mythtv scheduler.

1) As I described in another email thread (probably off topic hence
this thread) when 1 tuner card is already recording a channel and
there is a show to be recorded immediately following the current show
then I would have thought the same tuner card should be used to record
that show as well - unless of course tuner 2 is going to be recording
something else (higher priority or unavailable on other inputs)

2) Because a lot of the channels in Australia can't get their schedule
sorted out a lot of show's run overtime - I have used the record
overtime function in mythtv, however as the description says this
doesn't affect the scheduler. The problem I have is that in a dual
tuner setup i think the scheduler should pick the most unused (or
least recently used) tuner as the next tuner to record with.

I hope that all made sense - I also hope these havn't been covered
before. I did attempt to have a look at the scheduler but as I am sure
you are aware its hard for someone without prior knowledge to just
jump in :)

Cheers
Dave