[mythtv] Dumb slightly off topic question

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 22:44:13 UTC 2005

I have been trying to a debug a problem I have been having with the latest
cvs build (null filenames being given to the ringbuffer constructor). So I
attached gdb to mythfrontend and put a breakpoint on the location where
mythfrontend was logging the error messages (Ringbuffer.cpp:529, I also
tried 530). But I cannot get the breakpoint to trigger even thought the
message is logged! I realise I must be doing something really dumb, but
what. Something is running through that piece of code as the message is
output in the frontend log, but the debugger is not catching it. So either
it is a totally different process or the breakpoint is not being set where I
think it is.

I have not done any gdb debugging for a long time so I am very rusty.

Help.

Roger