[mythtv] DVB EIT Implementation

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Oct 12 20:00:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 20:52 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> Some muxes give lots of channel data, others don't give
> that much at all.
>
> I'm wondering if it matters "where" we are in the carousel
> at a given point in time? Also how segmented the events might
> be (seeing that Daniel mentioned there is TS -> PES conversion
> happening)

I don't know about DVB Events, but EIT Events are segmented into
several PES packets, on different pids. The TS->PES conversion is
probably not the a reason for fragmentation. Only one PES table
is transmitted per PID at any one time, so each one arrives rather
quickly. Unless, of course, they have turned down the EIT bandwidth
to a trickle...

-- Daniel