[mythtv] Portuguese Linux Distro - Introduction

Pedro Palhoto pedro.palhoto at caixamagica.pt
Tue Oct 11 16:19:01 UTC 2005

Greetings everyone,

The Portuguese linux distribution Caixa Mágica (Magic Box in English), is
working on mythtv (suite) integrated in its base technology. We are also
planning on getting a complete Linux Media Center appliance (hardware +
software) out on the Portuguese market.

I'm the "media developer" at Caixa Mágica. I have been studying, integrating
and documenting MythTV and some base dependencies (lirc and v4l) for the past
two months as a part-timer. I'll now also be developing new mythtv components
and helping out the community.

This email was just to introduce myself and the distribution's intentions;
also to seperate it from several subjects I'll soon bring up.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Palhoto
Lisbon, Portugal