[mythtv] Problems with Picture in Picture on 0.18.1

Tony Howard tahoward at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 10 17:19:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've run into a couple of problems with PiP support on Mythtv 0.18.1, and I
was wondering if anyone else has seen it, or if it's been fixed in svn.

1.  When the PiP window has focus and I enter a channel number to change
channels, the numbers are not shown on the screen.  It only accepts the first
digit I press, and changes to that channel, so I can only use the number keys
to change to channels up to 9.

2.  When I have the display set to change channels normally (without browse)
and the PiP windows has focus, pressing the browse button does not bring up
the browse osd screen - nothing happens.

3.  When I have the display set to always use browse and the PiP window has
focus, pressing up and down changes the channel in the browse window
correctly.  But when I press enter to change the channel, nothing happens.

In each of these cases, I was expecting that when the PiP window has focus,
the osd would respond normally (in the main window), but changes would affect
the PiP window instead of the main channel.

Another thing - not really a problem, but more of a feature request.  Could we
have some sort of visual indication when the PiP has focus - perhaps a
colored border around the PiP window.  This could be something that's
themeable through the osd themes - not necessarily something that's always in
place.  My system is sort of slow, and I can't always tell whether a keypress
is changing the PiP window or the main screen.

Anyway, thanks for your help.  I just added a pvr 500 to my system, and I'm
trying to figure out what all I can do with the extra tuners.

Tony