[mythtv] Re: New MythMusic Theme - Isaac

Colin McCormack colin at chinix.com
Sun Oct 9 07:07:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 15:11 +0100, Nick Parkinson wrote:

> #### Also, how is navigating through a single
> alphabetical list of artists faster than, say, the
> splitartist view in the playlist editor?
>
> Ultimately I want to replace the current Playlist
> Editor and the Smart Filters altogether!
>
> It will be very easy to scroll down the list when we
> get the 'Page Down' feature implemented.  Also on the
> 'list of things to do'is the 'filters' feature  which
> will allow you to filter out certain artists from
> specified Genre's and Era's from the Artist
> List...depending on your mood.

I also think that more work on the mythmusic front end would be great -
but there are hard limits imposed by remote control as an interface.

However, a neat trick I've evolved for searching alphabetic lists is to
randomise the listing, selecting a title/artist closer to what I'm
seeking, then derandomising the list.  Saves me time searching through
thousands of titles/artists.  It's a kind of hashing, formally.

Colin.