[mythtv] Development task list:

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 21:28:12 UTC 2005

On 10/5/05, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 October 2005 06:43 am, Ed W wrote:
>
> > - "New Website" - Whilst accepting that wikis are not your thing I have
> > had a lot of success recently with pmwiki for making websites. The nice
> > bit about the wiki is the seperation of content and formatting.
> > Personally I keep the in text formatting to paragraphs, headings and
> > lists, and so the syntax doesn't get in the way for me. Then I can use
> > the firefox online CSS editor to style up everything to look just how I
> > like it. Every page then has an edit button and you can just dip in and
> > update stuff whenever you want to. However, if you want another
> > "Content Management Solution" then Drupal seems to be getting a lot of
> > attention these days (I didn't like it that much myself)
>
> I just want something that is:
> - secure.
> - Manages news, downloads, weblinks _easily_.

I just don't have tons of time to update the website, and the current stuff
> have to jump through a bunch of hoops to update. I basically had to gut
> out
> the administration files from phpnuke for security reasons, so whenever I
> want to update things, I have to log in and restore things, make my
> changes,
> then re-secure the website. It bites, really.
>
> I think the mythtv.info <http://mythtv.info> wiki move to mythtv.org<http://mythtv.org>should be finished sometime
> this year. Maybe. =)
>
> Isaac

 Yea, I can understand that. I use CPG-Nuke (aka Dragonfly). It's a fork,
but it's pretty much been completely re-written.
 The two goals of it are:
1) Security
2) Speed
 So, you could probably very easily migrate your current site to it as the
installer will automatically convert and it contains modules, including a
download module that is very nice IMO :)
 http://www.cpgnuke.com
 Check it out, and you won't hurt my feelings if you don't chose it, but I
don't think you'd have to worry about the security issues like you do with
php-nuke.
 Thanks!
Matt