[mythtv] Development task list:

David Blain MythTv at TheBlains.net
Thu Oct 6 18:46:09 UTC 2005

Robert Johnston wrote:

> Would not Rendezvous be more advantagous, to allow auto-discovery of
> frontends/backends/plugin servers?

I am not familiar with all the features of Rendezvous, however, a uPNP
implementation gives us both the auto-discovery and a selection of usable
"thin" frontends that are currently on the market.  Granted, unless I can
find a device definition of a dvr that they all understand, they will be
limited to playback only.

I do plan on implementing a Windows Frontend that is uPNP & MythTv Service
compatible to use in my home theater (I guess I better get coding, I have a
lot of work to do).
<Please, no Windows comments.  I have reasons that I need to use Windows.>

David.