[mythtv] How do I start using svn to get MythTV source

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Oct 5 15:37:17 UTC 2005

In message <4343F043.20507 at hyperbole-software.com>
        Carl Reynolds <mythtv-dev at hyperbole-software.com> wrote:

> I have been using the tar-ball for v0.18.1 to look at the source for
> MythTV. I decided I would like to start looking at the source from the
> latest svn versions.
>
> I created a directory called svn/trunk and ran
>    svnadmin create svn/trunk

That will create a local repository which is probably not what
you wanted to do at all...

> I looked at the page on mythtv.org that describes how to start using
> svn to get the source for MythTV (http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/). It
> says to use
>     svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv
>
> When I run this I get the following errors
>     svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/!svn/bc/7393/trunk/mythtv'
>     svn: REPORT of '/svn/!svn/bc/7393/trunk/mythtv': 400 Bad Request
> (http://svn.mythtv.org)

At a guess you've got a squid proxy between you and svn.mythtv.org
and squid doesn't understand REPORT by default - you need to add it
to the extension_methods option in squid.conf for squid to allow it
through.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)