[mythtv] Development task list:

Neale Swinnerton mythtv-dev.spam at isismanor.com
Wed Oct 5 09:16:37 UTC 2005

wrt to the last point about consolidating the UI, how about rather than
incorporating exising plugins, defining a richer extension mechanism, you
could then let plugins modify 'core' ui elements in a controlled way. The
eclipse project has, IMO, a pretty good extension mechanism, something
along those lines would be great.

Also, the input layer could be more configurable. People seem to be
forever asking for things like "I'd like to press button X on the remote
and set the  speed up factor to 1.32", or I want a button to toggle
between Aspect Ratio X and Aspect Ratio Y. If the input layer had a
set_speed_up, or toggle_aspect command and so on, people can tinker with
their lirc configs to their hearts content. I know a lot of this is
possible today, but I think this can be made more user friendly.