[mythtv] EIT Broken +other thoughts.

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Tue Oct 4 22:58:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 12:17:58 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> I think this is a root cause of a number of other problems that some
> people have been seeing. What I would like to do is as follows
>
> 1) Contruct a PMT under all circumstances and pass it through 2) Add
> handling to cope with PMT that may be only data or audio.

The radiorecord-v2 patch on the list does #2 for radio channels.

> The interesting part about this is we can use #2 to implement preliminary
> support for audio only (ie. radio) channels and also data only channels.
>
> What I would need to do this is a way of insterting a static mpeg I frame
> into the stream to generate a video stream even though it doesn't change.
> One could be an image of a radio, one an image representing data.

That's how my radio playback patch works. My first attempt was to make
VideoOutput play back audio only streams (like Daniel suggested in his
reply), but that got messy quite quickly, involved some hacks I didn't
like, and didn't work too well. Maybe someone more experienced with the
code could do better, but I stopped there.

My second attempt builds a fake video stream in avformatdecoder.cpp with a
blank image (I use a grey screen at the moment so you can see when it is
working). That works very well with not much code.

Cheers,

Martin.