[mythtv] Debugging a plugin

Stever steve at hydramusic.net
Mon Oct 3 22:01:20 UTC 2005

Guys,

I am sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I am an amateur C++
programmer interested in debugging/hacking one of the myth plugins. Is
there a way to just compile the plugin in debug mode while the rest of
myth is in "regular mode"? I use gdb to an extent but in the past I've
always put the whole program (usually a simple C program) in debug mode,
not just a plugin. Also, where do I add the "-g" flag on the Makefile?

I am sorry for sounding a bit naive, but like I said I am just getting
into C and C++. I usually program in other languages, so i'm not real
familiar with debugging larger projects.

- Steve