[mythtv] Fwd: New MythMusic Theme - 4 bins

Nick Parkinson nickparkinson at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 13:04:42 UTC 2005

I have designed a new layout for MythMusic which uses
4 bins on the screen. This design is orientated
towards people with large mp3 collections of complete
albums for ease of manipulation. My main man Mr. Vikas
Rangarajan has made 5 patches so far for the MythTv
and MythPlugins 0.18.1 source code. Usability is now
quite stable. In fact, patch 1 has been accepted onto
the MythTv Trac as it fixed a common bug.

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/141

Ultimately I want to have all music related features
accessible from the one MythMusic screen.... i.e.

1. Play Audio CD
2. Import CD (Rip Audio / import mp3 CD/DVD)
3. Burn MP3 CD/DVD
4. Burn Audio CD
5. Advanced Genre/Year Filters
6. Scan for new music
7. ipod/portable mp3 transfers/synchronisation
8. ID3 Tag Editor

Other aims..

1. Get it all fully numbered 1-9, SKY TV style so that
keyboard use is redundant for MythMusic
2. Allow music to keep playing whilst using other Myth
features
3. Improvements to ID3 tag scanning

Anyway, a picture speaks a thousand words....

https://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=121754&ssid=19260

and anyone interested can download it here...

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=121754

Any comments, thoughts, feedback, offers to help,
guinea pigs, ideas etc are appreciated.