[mythtv] Enhanced OSD functionality in tv_play

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Wed Nov 30 15:59:21 EST 2005

Greg Estabrooks wrote:
>> I've got the idea of showing the recording date in the OSD for recordings,
>> though I don't know if its of any real use?
>>
>  That's already available to OSD themes and I believe several use it
> including the two "*Gray*" Themes.

    Yeah, but it shows up in both recordings and livetv osds (since they
use the same set).  That's why I leave the date off SimpleGray and just
put the time.  I've mentioned that having conditional elements in a set
that display based on state would make this work quite nicely, for both
browse mode and playback.  But that is a much bigger project.

    You're right though, you can have it now, it just will be in both
displays.