[mythtv] Debian apt packages

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Wed Nov 30 09:52:05 EST 2005

Are you referring to mplayer and LAME? I think mplayer finally got the
go ahead from Debain-legal (that was the last I read in their discussion
forum). Can someone enlighten me on the use of LAME in MythTV? If Myth
functions 'enough' without it, we can dynamically link it and still be
'legal'. This is all of course if there are no copyright issues with
MythTV itself. If you could elaborate on 'legal issues', I'd appreciate
it. I really would like to try to work it in the official repository if
at all possible.

Robert LeBlanc