[mythtv] Failed dvb-t recordings with recent svn

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Nov 29 19:24:33 EST 2005

In message <1133309415.14342.22.camel at avenin.ebourne.me.uk>
          Martin Ebourne <lists at ebourne.me.uk> wrote:

> Using SVN from this weekend (sorry, lost rev. number) I've had 3 failed
> recordings, about a 30% ratio. DVB-T in the uk, Nova-T (philips) is the
> primary card (card #2). Before that I was running 18.1 which almost
> never had a failed recording.
>
> I've included a chunk of the -v all log from a failed recording today.
> In each of the failed recordings the log appeared to have completely
> recorded the program, starting and stopping at the right time. However,
> in two cases the .mpg file wasn't even created, and in this failure it
> is just 126MB long, about 3 minutes, and contains gibberish. The detail
> log makes me suspect it failed to tune the channel properly (even though
> I think it says it did).

I assume from the name of the attachment that it was a recording
of one of the repeats of Coast from BBC4 in which case there is one
special issue to bear in mind, namely that they are on at 7pm and
are the first show after that channel comes on air.

I'm using 0.18.1 and they always fail for me because it starts
trying to record at 6:58 and find there are no PIDs for the channel
yet so can't record anything.

I thought SVN solved that by constantly looking for PIDs and
starting to record when they appeared but maybe there are still
some bug lurking there.

It certainly looks from your like like it found the PID though
so maybe that isn't the problem.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)