[mythtv] SVN version info

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Tue Nov 29 15:04:27 EST 2005

Allan Stirling píše v Út 29. 11. 2005 v 19:54 +0000:
> Currently, there is no global SVN version number available. This means that it
> can be quite difficult for someone running SVN to be able to discover the
> version number he is actually running.

> Have I missed something obvious?

if you are after the SVN version then why don't you call

svn info | grep Revision

in the configure or make phase.

BTW, in another project I've seen a simple script executed at 'make'
time that parsed their ChangeLog and extracted the date from the latest
entry. But Myth doesn't have manually updated ChangeLog, does it. It
relies on SVN completely so calling svn info is a natural choice, IMHO.

Petr