[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7965 - in trunk/mythtv by gigem

ben levitt benjie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:36:19 EST 2005

On 11/28/05, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> David Engel wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 10:44:30PM -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> >

> >>Question: Is it necessary to have the OSD display the playback group
> >>info when the Default is used?  Not that it is a huge deal, but it is
> >>

> >I think it's useful, especially when playgroups are used.  Otherwise,
> >I wouldn't have done it.
> >

> Agreed, but until you add more than one, you aren't really using
> playgroups...

I think this proposed simplification is great.  I sometimes worry that
as we add more features to Myth (recording groups, playback groups,
etc...) it'll start to get overwhelming to new users.  So I think it's
a good call to hide unused features from the main playback interface
until a user decides to use them.  (I'd be in favor of hiding the
settings in MythWeb until then too...)

> >I'm curious.
> >Do you find the input message when entering live TV equally annoying?
> >

> No, because it tells me something useful as I could be on 1 of 3 tuners
> here.

But that's because you have 3 tuners.  I think analogous logic should
be used to conditionalize showing the tuner when entering live tv.
Only show it if you have more than one tuner.

Ben