[mythtv] Czech translation of MythTV

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Mon Nov 28 19:36:40 EST 2005

Oscar Carlsson píše v Čt 24. 11. 2005 v 16:09 +0100:
> tor 2005-11-24 klockan 15:40 +0100 skrev Petr Stehlik:
>
> > I have started working on Czech translation. In order to finish it
> > successfully I'd like to know what font MythTV uses in its GUI and where
> > I can change it. I am asking because the font seems to lack some Czech
> > glyphs. I suppose Myth works in UTF internally so there is no character
> > translation that would have to be updated for Czech, right?
>
> Give me an example of a Czech character that doesn't work, and how it's
> supposed to look and I'll check it out. Myth uses UTF, yes. You can see
> that we actually have a Japanese translation which only uses UTF.
>
> Look at the theme to find the fonts being used.

The standard blue theme uses "Arial" font. I didn't have Arial installed
on my system anywhere so I don't know what font it actually used and
why. Neither I found a way how to reconfigure the theme to use a
different font (editing the xml ended up with no font found at all, I
appreciate pointers to RTFM or other useful hints).

So as the last resort I have just installed msttcorefonts (that contains
good Arial) and suddenly all Czech characters are shown correctly. So it
was a font issue.

Thanks.

Petr