[mythtv] SVN issues

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Nov 28 17:06:35 EST 2005

> 4. I'm very happy to have the "Delete LiveTV recordings after 7 days"
> because the realtime autoexpire absolutely doesn't work here. After
> zapping around for several minutes it only shows one expire message
> in the backend log:
>
> The autoexpire 2005-11-28 20:16:11.854     Expiring: WISO Mo Nov 28
> 19:35:00 2005 26 MBytes
>
> After that I have three (!!!) entries in the recording list for the
> "expired" file. All LiveTV recordings appear twice, three times or
> four times in the recording list now. This was verified by some other
> users in #mythtv-de. Chris, is there a way to find out why this
> happens?

I think what happends is that the dummy stream used by the signal monitor,
just before the real channel starts is also recorded.

A problem with this dummy stream is that when it's played on windows it is
displayed as lots of colorfull boxes all over.
I tried to change the dummy stream by using contrib/mkdummyts.sh but i
didn't have much luck with it.
The streams that come with myth have one tiny box at the lower right corner
and because of overscan i can never see if it's using the dummy stream or if
its just black for other reasons.