[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8073 by paulh

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Nov 28 16:34:33 EST 2005

>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/8073

> Add a "MythWelcomeStartFECmd" setting to mythwelcome to allow you
> to define what command to use to start the FE including any commandline
> parameters to add when mythfrontend is started through mythwelcome.
>
> For the moment you may have to restart mythwelcome for the setting to
> change. I think there is something odd going on with the settings cache?

Can you run mythwelcome and the frontend with "-v important,general,network"
and post the results after going into and out of the setup screen?  This will
tell me whether mythwelcome is receiving the CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE message or
whether it is ignoring it.  Please post the logs starting with the initial
connection for each of these so I can see how they're connecting to the
backend.  I tested with mythcommflag and though that remote apps were
getting the CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE event, but maybe something is broken.

--
Chris