[mythtv] EIT lockup => new interesting error message

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sun Nov 27 11:01:31 EST 2005

> 2005-11-27 15:50:24.723 Desired program #3980 not found in PAT.
>                         Can Not create single program PAT.
> 2005-11-27 15:50:24.840 Program #3980 not found in PAT!
> Program Association Table
>  PSIP prefix(0x0) tableID(0x0) length(81) extension(0x454)
>       version(18) current(1) section(0) last_section(0)
>  tsid: 1108 programCount: 18

[cut]

> The block repeats every 100 milliseconds so it fills the log rather
> quickly :-)
>
> The DVB-S channel list is a fresh scan, running SVN head as usually.

If i'm not mistaken the scan does not delete old channels that are no longer
present.
I had lots of those errors too, they were cause by my cable provider moving
around channels and/or removing them.

Because the eit scanner is now tuning to every channel you have in your
database, having channels that is no loger present causes this type of
error.
Previously you could get away with having bad channels configured.

Try running the sql query "SELECT * FROM channel where serviceid=3980"
That should result in one channel being returned.
Remove that channel from mythtv-setup

Then repeat this for every channel it complains about.
And you probably want to do a new scan once this is done.